Recommendations to Board from the August 17, 2020 CPIC Special Meeting
1. That the Board reinforce the expectations that parents should be consulted and be contributing members of the local school implementation of protocols and associated decisions.
2. That the Board stop using the word survey and instead call it registration or selection of their learning choice
3. That the Board immediately publish a "one pager" for both elementary and secondary panels sent to all parents outlining the (as known currently) - expected learning environment and "day in the life of" for return to school in September. That this be a versioned document updated when and if plans are materially changed.
4. That the Board list the only acceptable platforms from a support, security & functionality lens that teachers are to select from for any virtual or online classrooms (distance learning).
5. That the Board endeavor to strengthen the collaboration, link and learning continuity between virtual and in-class environments.
6. That the Board publicly publish all protocols/guidelines created for schools, staff etc.. as it relates to the return-to-school COVID plan.